– In 1983, UNESCO presented Alfalit’s program in Peru with its First Prize in Adult Literacy.
– In 1992, UNESCO gave special recognition to Alfalit’s programs in Guatemala.
– In September 2006, USAID and UNESCO chose Alfalit’s program in Bolivia as one of the nine model programs worldwide, and First Lady Laura Bush invited Alfalit to the First White House Conference on Global Literacy for its effectiveness in literacy, basic education and incorporating health and nutrition in its literacy program.
– Alfalit Liberia was honored to present its program to President Sirleaf, former President George Bush and former First Lady Laura Bush in their visit to Liberia.
– Alfalit has continued to receive official recognition for its programs in Bolivia, Angola, Liberia, Mozambique and the Dominican Republic by each country’s Ministry of Education.