Alfalit International volunteers are vital to the success of our mission. This month we are honoring Irina who has dedicated over 100 hours to Alfalit International.
“I’m a Russian immigrant who loves travel, dance and study something new every day. I once read the quote that I still remember: ‘Someday I’m going to live in such way as to do something good, not just not doing bad.’ And I am so happy to do something good for people, by helping Alfalit.”
1. Why are you supporting Alfalit International as opposed to other organizations?
“Alfalit International provides an opportunity to volunteer in areas like data analysis. There are few meaningful volunteer opportunities where I can use my skill set and previous work experience.” ~Irina Ivanova
2. What was your first impression of Alfalit International?
“I was surprised by how many people are illiterate and how much needs to be done to change that.”
3. Tell us about some of the people you’ve met while volunteering with Alfalit International?
“I don’t meet a lot of people because I help mainly with computer-based tasks, but those I have met are very friendly, kind and dedicated.
4. What is your most memorable experience while volunteering with Alfalit International?
“That has to be Christmas potluck! I found it very interesting to try dishes from different countries. It was also a great opportunity to get to know the company staff and volunteers closer.”
5. What do you wish other people knew about Alfalit International?
“There are a lot of people who think their $5, $10, $15 mean nothing for charity and don’t donate money. Working with Alfalit, I realized it’s not true. When a lot of people donate small amounts, the result is much greater.”