Purpose: The Volunteer Instructor provides simple Haitian-Creole communication training to individuals for whom English is not their native language. NOTE-This Training is based on the gospel of Christ. Qualifications are minimal, but important, see below. Instructor training is provided.
Location: The Volunteer Instructor will work in a facility in Miami-Dade County based on need, accessibility for students and availability of space. Generally speaking, the instruction will take place in the same location throughout the entire training term.
- Participate and complete instructor training (8-10 hours)
- Team teach classes
- Effectively use classroom materials for teaching purposes
- Build relationships with the students and their families
Length of Appointment: 3 months – 6 months
Time Commitment: 1 – 1 1/2 day(s) of training; Student recruitment and placement (varies); 4 hours per week in the evening, 2 times per week.
All Volunteer Instructors must:
- Have a good command of Haitian-Creole language
- Be comfortable in a Christian atmosphere
- Be at ease speaking before a group and one-on-one
- Be able to speak clearly
- Desire to help others
- Be caring, kind and pleasant
- Be patient
- Be dependable
- Be honest
Support: Training for this position will be provided. In addition, the Coordinator will be available for questions and assistance.
Dress Code: Casual, church-appropriate
– OR –
Apply now using the form below: