Alfalit International [“Alfalit”] is a 57-year-old nonprofit, registered as a 501c(3) organization, with a focus on eliminating the human suffering caused by illiteracy. We offer a mix of literacy, basic education, vocational skills and preschool programs through a network of affiliates. We train teachers in a simple but effective methodology and enroll students in classes that are flexible and accommodate their families’ needs.
Alfalit currently operates in the US and 14 countries across Africa, Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean. We estimate that since 1961, Alfalit has served about 8 million individuals globally.
Development & Communications Internship Description:
Application Deadline: August 5, 2018
Anticipated Start Date: August 20, 2018
- Data entry related to gifts and pledges
- Maintaining and updating donor database
- Developing and maintaining a prospecting list of individual donors
- Drafting and executing campaigns – direct mail, email, e-newsletter, social media, special appeals
- Drafting and sending thank you letters, maintaining an up-to-date record of all communication
- Providing accurate and timely information to external parties such as non-profit rating agencies
- Collating content for website and social media posts
- Fundraising events
- Other tasks as needed
- Associate or Bachelor’s graduate degree in communications, marketing or a related field obtained no earlier than 1/1/2017
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Basic computer skills (e.g. Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Data entry – knowledge of CRM software is a plus)
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Attention to detail, creativity and problem-solving skills
- Flexibility and ability to plan and prioritize multiple tasks
- Genuine commitment to the principles and work of Alfalit
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please send letter of interest/cover letter and resume to [email protected] as either a PDF or a Microsoft Word Document with subject line “2018 Internship – Development & Communications”. Submissions without cover letter will not be reviewed and will receive no response.
This 12-week internship is for a minimum of 15 hours a week, with some flexibility, depending on the intern’s school schedule. We are a small and diverse operations team. This is an unpaid opportunity, however all interns will work closely with experienced staff members and learn the ropes of non-profit operations. Alfalit International is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.