Alfalit International seeks volunteer experienced in onsite interpretation services for their 1st Leadership Summit. Executive Directors of Alfalit’s affiliates from Africa, Europe, Central and South America and the Caribbean will participate in the event. The agenda includes executive training, interactive sessions and group exercises on various topics such as nonprofit governance, board structures, risk management, supervision, performance reviews, program management, finance, fundraising, marketing, outreach, etc.
- Provide foreign language interpreting to enable understanding and successful communication during the event, training session and group exercises for individuals with limited English proficiency (LEP), other attendees and staff.
- Provide sight translation of English or Other Languages meeting materials and presentation slides as required.
- Adheres to interpreter standards of practice and code of ethics.
- Relay concepts and ideas between languages.
- Thoroughly understand the subject matter in order to effectively convey source language to target language.
- Remain sensitive to the cultures associated with the languages of expertise.
Skills and Qualifications
- Interpreter training at graduate or postgraduate level or current license
- Previous experience in simultaneous and consecutive interpretation
- Active listening skills
- Public speaking, interpersonal, and customer service skills
Date & Location
- Nov 12-13 (Mon & Tue), 8.30 AM to 5 PM
- 7220 NW 36th St, Miami 33166
- Be available for an in-person interview with Alfalit staff
- All volunteers will have to complete volunteer application and provide contact details
- Sign code of conduct
- Be comfortable to work and render interpreter services in a faith-based (Christian) setting
Lunch, refreshments and parking will be provided. Volunteer manager will issue community hours credit, certificate of appreciation or a note of recommendation, as preferred by each of the interpreters.
Please email CV and details of past interpretation experience to [email protected].